BELOIT, Wis. - The Rock County Sheriff's Department is sharing information about a sex offender who is being released after spending the last decade in state custody.
Shawn Virlee was convicted of sexual assault of a child multiple times in the 1990s.
In 2001, a judge committed Virlee under the sexually violent person act, but he'll be released into the Beloit area Friday.
He will be living temporarily on Madison Street in Beloit and later moving to a home on State Road 81 in Beloit.
Authorities said Virlee will not be under the supervision program but he will have to wear a GPS monitoring system.
Law enforcement will share more information about Virlee at a meeting at 7 p.m. next Tuesday at Beloit City Hall.
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight