MADISON, Wis. - County boards in Dane and La Crosse counties are the latest to add an advisory measure to the November ballot regarding the funding of BadgerCare.
The referendum asks voters whether the state should accept enhanced federal funds for BadgerCare that were rejected by Gov. Scott Walker and lawmakers.
The referendum is also going to appear on ballots in Dunn, Clark, Eau Claire, Lincoln, Milwaukee and Outagamie counties.
The group Citizen Action of Wisconsin states private insurance rates are $251 higher because of the rejection of Medicaid dollars for BadgerCare.
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years
- UW program helps local cheesemaker make Best of Show cheese
- Fires at 2 separate houses cause combined $330K in damage, officials say
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants