MADISON, Wis. - County boards in Dane and La Crosse counties are the latest to add an advisory measure to the November ballot regarding the funding of BadgerCare.
The referendum asks voters whether the state should accept enhanced federal funds for BadgerCare that were rejected by Gov. Scott Walker and lawmakers.
The referendum is also going to appear on ballots in Dunn, Clark, Eau Claire, Lincoln, Milwaukee and Outagamie counties.
The group Citizen Action of Wisconsin states private insurance rates are $251 higher because of the rejection of Medicaid dollars for BadgerCare.
- Boy: 'I flew over a couple of seats and I hit the ground on the bus' during dump truck crash
- Wet weather keeps farmers from planting crops
- 9 months after fatal crash, driver charged with felony
- UW Health trial involves injecting stem cells into patients with heart failure
- Armed home invasion likely targeted, drug-related, police say
- DNR board OKs reducing fall buck-only zones