MADISON, Wis. - County boards in Dane and La Crosse counties are the latest to add an advisory measure to the November ballot regarding the funding of BadgerCare.
The referendum asks voters whether the state should accept enhanced federal funds for BadgerCare that were rejected by Gov. Scott Walker and lawmakers.
The referendum is also going to appear on ballots in Dunn, Clark, Eau Claire, Lincoln, Milwaukee and Outagamie counties.
The group Citizen Action of Wisconsin states private insurance rates are $251 higher because of the rejection of Medicaid dollars for BadgerCare.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire