MADISON, Wis. - A Reedsburg man was arrested in Madison on suspicion of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated after police said he was spotted driving erratically Wednesday.
Police said Kevin J. Delvalle, 40, was stopped on Verona Road at about 8:30 p.m. by an officer who said he was driving in a reckless and dangerous manner.
The officer said there were numerous empty beer cans in Delvalle's car and one that was still full.
Delvalle denied having anything to drink until the officer said there was a strong odor of intoxicants coming from his car, according to police.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000