MADISON, Wis. - Drafting records show a company looking to open a huge iron mine in far northwestern Wisconsin made suggestions on language in a Republican bill that would streamline Wisconsin's mining regulations.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported in Wednesday's editions that the records show Gogebic Taconite officials were asking for modifications in December, weeks before the bill was introduced.
Liberal group One Wisconsin Now made the records public.
Gogebic Taconite lobbyist Bob Seitz didn't immediately return a telephone message from The Associated Press. He told the Journal Sentinel Gogebic Taconite is the only mining company in the state and people should expect it to offer input.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land