IOWA CITY, Iowa - Records show that an Iowa man charged with murdering his mother and kidnapping another woman hours after getting out of prison last week told police in 2008 that he planned to use duct tape found in his backpack to rape a girl.
The Wisconsin prosecutor in a 2009 car theft case involving Kirk Levin told the court Levin was once caught hiding in the basement of a girl he was targeting.
Prison officials said they had no choice but to release the 21-year-old on Jan. 1 when his 5-year sentence for burglary ended three years early, under a state law that routinely cuts inmates' sentences in half.
Levin was arrested Thursday, hours after prosecutors say he killed his mother at her Early home and abducted a 21-year-old woman, who escaped.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested