NORTHFIELD, Ill. - About 260 cases of a processed cheese were recalled by Velveeta on Thursday.
Kraft said the Velveeta cheese product that did not contain enough of the preservative sorbic acid was shipped to Walmart distribution centers, possibly ending up in 12 Midwest states including Wisconsin.
"While unlikely, the affected product could spoil prematurely and/or lead to food
borne illness," the company said in a news release.
The recall affects a batch of Velveeta made during a few hours of production. Those boxes were stamped with a Dec. 17, 2014, expiration date. Time code stamps on the recalled product ranges between 9:34 to 13:15. The boxes can be returned to Walmart for a refund, Kraft said.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case