NORTHFIELD, Ill. - About 260 cases of a processed cheese were recalled by Velveeta on Thursday.
Kraft said the Velveeta cheese product that did not contain enough of the preservative sorbic acid was shipped to Walmart distribution centers, possibly ending up in 12 Midwest states including Wisconsin.
"While unlikely, the affected product could spoil prematurely and/or lead to food
borne illness," the company said in a news release.
The recall affects a batch of Velveeta made during a few hours of production. Those boxes were stamped with a Dec. 17, 2014, expiration date. Time code stamps on the recalled product ranges between 9:34 to 13:15. The boxes can be returned to Walmart for a refund, Kraft said.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists