The Racine Zoo is expecting the arrival of three miniature pigs next month, and zoo officials need your help to name the little porkers.
A Journal Times of Racine report said the Racine Zoological Society is holding a naming contest. Submissions will be accepted through May 8, and the zoo staff will narrow the choices to five finalists.
Public voting will run from May 15-26. The winning piggy names will be announced June 1.
The winner receives a special zoo prize package. You can see pictures of the little guys on the zoo's Facebook page.
Miniature pigs are small pigs, sometimes with colorful spots. They stand 10 to 16 inches tall and are 1 to 2 feet long. They weigh between 20 and 40 pounds.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK