The Racine Zoo is expecting the arrival of three miniature pigs next month, and zoo officials need your help to name the little porkers.
A Journal Times of Racine report said the Racine Zoological Society is holding a naming contest. Submissions will be accepted through May 8, and the zoo staff will narrow the choices to five finalists.
Public voting will run from May 15-26. The winning piggy names will be announced June 1.
The winner receives a special zoo prize package. You can see pictures of the little guys on the zoo's Facebook page.
Miniature pigs are small pigs, sometimes with colorful spots. They stand 10 to 16 inches tall and are 1 to 2 feet long. They weigh between 20 and 40 pounds.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old