RACINE, Wis. - A Racine 7-year-old is getting worldwide exposure Friday for a design he made, thanks to the internet search engine Google.
Dylan Hoffman, of Racine, beat more than 114,000 other entries in this year's "Doodle 4 Google" competition. Dylan's doodle includes a pirate, a treasure chest, a parrot and an island. The theme for the competition, open to kindergarteners through 12th grade was "If I could travel in time, I'd visit..."
Dylan's doodle will be on the front page of the Google search engine Friday.
Dylan wins a $30,000 college scholarship. WTMJ-TV reported his school in Racine also gets a $50,000 technology grant.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'