RACINE, Wis. - A Racine 7-year-old is getting worldwide exposure Friday for a design he made, thanks to the internet search engine Google.
Dylan Hoffman, of Racine, beat more than 114,000 other entries in this year's "Doodle 4 Google" competition. Dylan's doodle includes a pirate, a treasure chest, a parrot and an island. The theme for the competition, open to kindergarteners through 12th grade was "If I could travel in time, I'd visit..."
Dylan's doodle will be on the front page of the Google search engine Friday.
Dylan wins a $30,000 college scholarship. WTMJ-TV reported his school in Racine also gets a $50,000 technology grant.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls