MOUTN PLEASANT, Wis. - A Racine County woman has given blood nearly 300 times, donating more than 36 gallons in her lifetime.
Dorothy Reesman made her 289th donation this week at the BloodCenter of Wisconsin in Mount Pleasant. The 83-year-old makes a donation every eight to 10 weeks.
Reesman lives on a farm in Dover. She said she began donating when a late aunt was diagnosed with leukemia. She also said she used to think about being a nurse when she was younger.
Staff members at the BloodCenter know her well, calling her "very giving" and "silly and goofy."
BloodCenter spokeswoman Fay Spano said the center is always in need of Reesman's type O blood.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land