MOUTN PLEASANT, Wis. - A Racine County woman has given blood nearly 300 times, donating more than 36 gallons in her lifetime.
Dorothy Reesman made her 289th donation this week at the BloodCenter of Wisconsin in Mount Pleasant. The 83-year-old makes a donation every eight to 10 weeks.
Reesman lives on a farm in Dover. She said she began donating when a late aunt was diagnosed with leukemia. She also said she used to think about being a nurse when she was younger.
Staff members at the BloodCenter know her well, calling her "very giving" and "silly and goofy."
BloodCenter spokeswoman Fay Spano said the center is always in need of Reesman's type O blood.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash