MADISON, Wis. - Two races will cause road closures in Madison during the Memorial Day weekend.
The Madison Twilight 10k will start at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday. The route starts on the Capitol Square, goes through the University of Wisconsin campus area and back to the Capitol Square via Dayton Street. Course information is located here.
The Madison Half Marathon starts on the Capitol Square at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday. The route goes through the UW Campus, down Monroe Street, through the UW Arboretum and back on Monroe Street to Dayton Street and back to the Capitol Square. The course will be fully open to traffic by 11:30 a.m. Course information is located here.
Volunteers and police officers will be at intersections along the routes. Traffic will be allowed to cross the routes only when there are sufficient gaps in the runners. Drivers should plan on using alternate routes to avoid the race courses.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors