JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man is being charged with three counts of theft and two other charges after he broke into a car near the Palmer Park wading pool.
Brandon M. Coakley, 24, was identified from a photo lineup by a witness who said they saw Coakley smash the window of a car and steal a purse, according to a report from Janesville police.
Coakley was also linked to another similar theft occurring at Palmer Park on June 23. According to the release, in that incident he stole two purses containing cash, credit cards and a digital camera.
Officially, Coakley was charged with three counts of theft, criminal damage to property and three counts of bail jumping, according to the report.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow