JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man is being charged with three counts of theft and two other charges after he broke into a car near the Palmer Park wading pool.
Brandon M. Coakley, 24, was identified from a photo lineup by a witness who said they saw Coakley smash the window of a car and steal a purse, according to a report from Janesville police.
Coakley was also linked to another similar theft occurring at Palmer Park on June 23. According to the release, in that incident he stole two purses containing cash, credit cards and a digital camera.
Officially, Coakley was charged with three counts of theft, criminal damage to property and three counts of bail jumping, according to the report.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash