JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man is being charged with three counts of theft and two other charges after he broke into a car near the Palmer Park wading pool.
Brandon M. Coakley, 24, was identified from a photo lineup by a witness who said they saw Coakley smash the window of a car and steal a purse, according to a report from Janesville police.
Coakley was also linked to another similar theft occurring at Palmer Park on June 23. According to the release, in that incident he stole two purses containing cash, credit cards and a digital camera.
Officially, Coakley was charged with three counts of theft, criminal damage to property and three counts of bail jumping, according to the report.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks