JANESVILLE, Wis. - A second public meeting for the central segment of the Interstate 39/90 expansion project is scheduled to discuss design alternatives for two interchanges, according to a release.
The meeting is scheduled for August 1 and will provide an update on the reconstruction and expansion of Interstate 39/90 from County Highway O, south of Janesville, to the Dane/Rock county line, according to the release. The meeting will also focus on design alternatives for the Highway 14 and Highway 26 interchanges.
The meeting will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Marshall Middle School cafeteria, at 25 South Pontiac Drive in Janesville, according to the release. A presentation will be held at 5:30 p.m.
According to the release, during the meeting participants will be updated on information regarding the reconstruction. Updates include:
- Eight lanes from Highway O to the Highway 26 interchange
- Six lanes from the Highway 26 interchange to the Dane/Rock county line
- Reconstruction of the Highway 14, Highway 26 and Highway 59 interchanges
- Design alternatives for the Highway 14 and Highway 26 interchanges
- Exhibits on the re-evaluation of the corridor Environmental Assessment
- Additional information on proposed noise barriers
Construction is currently underway at the Highway 11 (Racine Street) interchange and scheduled to be completed late November.
For more information about the expansion project click, visit the project website.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms