MADISON, Wis. - Public Health Madison & Dane County recognized six individuals and organizations Wednesday for supporting breast-feeding.
"While many people know that breast-feeding improves the health of both mothers and babies, it is an activity that nevertheless requires promotion, protection and support," said Alice Meyer, president of the Breastfeeding Coalition of South Central Wisconsin. The coalition is also a sponsor of the event.
Awards for organizations included the Madison Children's Museum, Willy St. Co-op and ARC Community Services. Individuals recognized included Anne Ebert, pharmacist at Meriter Hospital, Dr. Anne Eglash, physician at UW Health, and Laurel Franczek, breast-feeding advocate.
The awards were given at Warner Park Community Center.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire