MADISON, Wis. - Public Health Madison & Dane County recognized six individuals and organizations Wednesday for supporting breast-feeding.
"While many people know that breast-feeding improves the health of both mothers and babies, it is an activity that nevertheless requires promotion, protection and support," said Alice Meyer, president of the Breastfeeding Coalition of South Central Wisconsin. The coalition is also a sponsor of the event.
Awards for organizations included the Madison Children's Museum, Willy St. Co-op and ARC Community Services. Individuals recognized included Anne Ebert, pharmacist at Meriter Hospital, Dr. Anne Eglash, physician at UW Health, and Laurel Franczek, breast-feeding advocate.
The awards were given at Warner Park Community Center.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart