MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin regulators are warning utility customers the winter moratorium on shutting off heat is about to end.
The state Public Service Commission prohibits utilities form disconnecting customers between Nov. 1 and April 15 for not paying their bills. After April 15, though, utilities are free to cut off anyone behind on their bills.
PSC officials are urging customers in arrears to contact their local utilities and set up a payment plan. Anyone who reaches out to their utility and can't establish the plan should contact the PSC's consumer affairs arm at 1-800-225-7729.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need