MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin regulators are warning utility customers the winter moratorium on shutting off heat is about to end.
The state Public Service Commission prohibits utilities form disconnecting customers between Nov. 1 and April 15 for not paying their bills. After April 15, though, utilities are free to cut off anyone behind on their bills.
PSC officials are urging customers in arrears to contact their local utilities and set up a payment plan. Anyone who reaches out to their utility and can't establish the plan should contact the PSC's consumer affairs arm at 1-800-225-7729.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns