APPLETON, Wis. - Wisconsin Supreme Court justice David Prosser says discord on the high court is greatly exaggerated.
The court's dissention became an issue in the recent race for the seat held by Justice Pat Roggensack, who retained her job. During an appearance in Appleton Thursday, Prosser told The Post-Crescent that talk of disunity and disagreements is "in many ways overblown."
Justice Ann Walsh Bradley accused Prosser of trying to choke her during an altercation at the Capitol in 2011 over a new law that cut collective bargaining for most state employees. No disciplinary action was taken against either judge.
Prosser said it's important to talk about differences on issues and not differences in personalities.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK