APPLETON, Wis. - Wisconsin Supreme Court justice David Prosser says discord on the high court is greatly exaggerated.
The court's dissention became an issue in the recent race for the seat held by Justice Pat Roggensack, who retained her job. During an appearance in Appleton Thursday, Prosser told The Post-Crescent that talk of disunity and disagreements is "in many ways overblown."
Justice Ann Walsh Bradley accused Prosser of trying to choke her during an altercation at the Capitol in 2011 over a new law that cut collective bargaining for most state employees. No disciplinary action was taken against either judge.
Prosser said it's important to talk about differences on issues and not differences in personalities.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK