APPLETON, Wis. - Wisconsin Supreme Court justice David Prosser says discord on the high court is greatly exaggerated.
The court's dissention became an issue in the recent race for the seat held by Justice Pat Roggensack, who retained her job. During an appearance in Appleton Thursday, Prosser told The Post-Crescent that talk of disunity and disagreements is "in many ways overblown."
Justice Ann Walsh Bradley accused Prosser of trying to choke her during an altercation at the Capitol in 2011 over a new law that cut collective bargaining for most state employees. No disciplinary action was taken against either judge.
Prosser said it's important to talk about differences on issues and not differences in personalities.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say