APPLETON, Wis. - Wisconsin Supreme Court justice David Prosser says discord on the high court is greatly exaggerated.
The court's dissention became an issue in the recent race for the seat held by Justice Pat Roggensack, who retained her job. During an appearance in Appleton Thursday, Prosser told The Post-Crescent that talk of disunity and disagreements is "in many ways overblown."
Justice Ann Walsh Bradley accused Prosser of trying to choke her during an altercation at the Capitol in 2011 over a new law that cut collective bargaining for most state employees. No disciplinary action was taken against either judge.
Prosser said it's important to talk about differences on issues and not differences in personalities.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed