MILWAUKEE - A plea agreement has been reached in the case of a 76-year-old Sheboygan woman accused of killing her baby more than a half-century ago.
Ruby Klokow is charged with second-degree murder in the 1957 death of her daughter, Jeaneen. Her trial was set to begin Monday.
Sheboygan County District Attorney Joe DeCecco announced the plea agreement Thursday. He said he couldn't provide details ahead of a plea hearing Monday.
Klokow was charged after her adult son came forward in 2008 with stories of childhood abuse.
Her attorney didn't immediately return a call and email Thursday. Her sister, Judy Post, said she is relieved there won't be a trial.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief