MADISON, Wis. - A meeting to discuss design concepts for bridge deck replacements on Interstate 39/90 near Highway 19 in Dane County is scheduled, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Proposed improvements include replacing existing bridge decks on five structures: Interstate 39 northbound and southbound over the Canadian Pacific Railroad, Interstate 39 northbound and southbound over Highway 19, and the southbound entrance ramp over the Canadian Pacific Railroad, according to the release. Proposed improvements also include realignment of the southbound Interstate 39 ramps to create an intersection with traffic signals and installing a salt storage building.
Construction is scheduled to start in 2017.
Officials encourage the public to attend the meeting to provide input and ask questions. Maps showing the project area will be on display and WisDOT representatives will be available to answer questions.
The meeting is scheduled from 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday in the Community Room of the DeForest Area Public Library at 202 School St., according to the release.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees