MADISON, Wis. - A meeting to discuss design concepts for bridge deck replacements on Interstate 39/90 near Highway 19 in Dane County is scheduled, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Proposed improvements include replacing existing bridge decks on five structures: Interstate 39 northbound and southbound over the Canadian Pacific Railroad, Interstate 39 northbound and southbound over Highway 19, and the southbound entrance ramp over the Canadian Pacific Railroad, according to the release. Proposed improvements also include realignment of the southbound Interstate 39 ramps to create an intersection with traffic signals and installing a salt storage building.
Construction is scheduled to start in 2017.
Officials encourage the public to attend the meeting to provide input and ask questions. Maps showing the project area will be on display and WisDOT representatives will be available to answer questions.
The meeting is scheduled from 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday in the Community Room of the DeForest Area Public Library at 202 School St., according to the release.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested