MADISON, Wis. - A meeting to discuss design concepts for bridge deck replacements on Interstate 39/90 near Highway 19 in Dane County is scheduled, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Proposed improvements include replacing existing bridge decks on five structures: Interstate 39 northbound and southbound over the Canadian Pacific Railroad, Interstate 39 northbound and southbound over Highway 19, and the southbound entrance ramp over the Canadian Pacific Railroad, according to the release. Proposed improvements also include realignment of the southbound Interstate 39 ramps to create an intersection with traffic signals and installing a salt storage building.
Construction is scheduled to start in 2017.
Officials encourage the public to attend the meeting to provide input and ask questions. Maps showing the project area will be on display and WisDOT representatives will be available to answer questions.
The meeting is scheduled from 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday in the Community Room of the DeForest Area Public Library at 202 School St., according to the release.
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two