TOWN OF MENASHA, Wis. - The investigation into the 1992 disappearance of a woman in the Town of Menasha has now been turned over to state experts.
Town of Menasha Police Lt. Mike Krueger has spent countless hours and has generated enough reports to fill multiple file cabinets in his pursuit of what happened to Laurie Depies. She was 20 years old when she vanished from an apartment complex parking lot.
Krueger has retired and the case has been turned over to the state Division of Criminal Investigation. The Appleton Post-Crescent said Krueger's extensive work on the case has created a strong bond with the Depies family. Depies' mother, Mary Wegner, says "it's like losing your buddy," because Krueger has been on the case since day one.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal