PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. - A prisoner has been found dead at the Ozaukee County Jail, the same jail where two women hanged themselves in their cells in separate incidents in June.
A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel report says 53-year-old Emanuel M. Washington of Grafton died Sunday about 3:30 a.m. Deputies found him unresponsive about 45 minutes earlier and performed CPR but were unable to resuscitate him.
He'd been arrested Wednesday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. He was being held in jail on a probation hold. The cause of death is being investigated.
The other two inmates killed themselves two months ago, about a week apart. Each had a history of mental illness but had cleared mental-health and suicide screenings at the jail. Neither was on suicide watch at the time.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say