PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. - A prisoner has been found dead at the Ozaukee County Jail, the same jail where two women hanged themselves in their cells in separate incidents in June.
A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel report says 53-year-old Emanuel M. Washington of Grafton died Sunday about 3:30 a.m. Deputies found him unresponsive about 45 minutes earlier and performed CPR but were unable to resuscitate him.
He'd been arrested Wednesday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. He was being held in jail on a probation hold. The cause of death is being investigated.
The other two inmates killed themselves two months ago, about a week apart. Each had a history of mental illness but had cleared mental-health and suicide screenings at the jail. Neither was on suicide watch at the time.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart