MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman has been sentenced to 1 1/2 years in prison for killing a man on a moped while driving the wrong way on a frontage road.
It was the sentence that prosecutors recommended when 28-year-old Ekaterina Topolkaraeva pleaded guilty to homicide by negligent driving and drunken driving.
Topolkaraeva struck and killed 37-year-old Jeffrey Droster, of Madison, who was riding a moped on a Madison Beltline frontage road Oct. 8, 2011.
The State Journal said Topokaraeva will spend five years on extended supervision following her release from prison.
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski