WAUWATOSA, Wis. - Wauwatosa police say a Catholic priest who was suspended after a teacher reported what she considered inappropriate contact with a child is the subject of numerous complaints.
Rev. Robert Marsicek has been on leave since March 28 after a Wauwatosa Catholic School teacher reported what she thought was inappropriate contact with a child.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Marsicek also is under investigation in California, where a woman accused him of molesting her sons in the 1990s.
A Wauwatosa police report says investigators found several references to complaints about the 71-year-old priest in his personnel files with the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and his religious order, the Society of the Divine Savior. The report says he was told to stop hugging and touching children and repeatedly counseled for boundary issues.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement