WAUWATOSA, Wis. - Wauwatosa police say a Catholic priest who was suspended after a teacher reported what she considered inappropriate contact with a child is the subject of numerous complaints.
Rev. Robert Marsicek has been on leave since March 28 after a Wauwatosa Catholic School teacher reported what she thought was inappropriate contact with a child.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Marsicek also is under investigation in California, where a woman accused him of molesting her sons in the 1990s.
A Wauwatosa police report says investigators found several references to complaints about the 71-year-old priest in his personnel files with the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and his religious order, the Society of the Divine Savior. The report says he was told to stop hugging and touching children and repeatedly counseled for boundary issues.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms