EVANSVILLE, Wis. - The investigation into a fire at the Evansville High School press box continues.
Rock County sheriff's deputies said the cause of the fire that destroyed youth football equipment and a section of bleachers is still undetermined.
District Administrator Jerry Roth said investigators could not rule out an electrical issue or human involvement when trying to determine the cause.
Capt. Todd Christiansen of the Rock County Sheriff's Office said it is going to be hard to determine the cause.
Evansville kicks off its football season Friday. The game will still happen but about 200 bleacher seats can't be used.
The top five center rows of the bleachers need to be replaced along with the brackets that connect the support beams, Roth said. The district hasn't issued a final estimate of damages.
The community has also started raising funds to help get new equipment
Donations can be sent to the Union Bank and Trust, care of the Press Box Fund, PO Box 15, Evansville, Wis.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire