EVANSVILLE, Wis. - The investigation into a fire at the Evansville High School press box continues.
Rock County sheriff's deputies said the cause of the fire that destroyed youth football equipment and a section of bleachers is still undetermined.
District Administrator Jerry Roth said investigators could not rule out an electrical issue or human involvement when trying to determine the cause.
Capt. Todd Christiansen of the Rock County Sheriff's Office said it is going to be hard to determine the cause.
Evansville kicks off its football season Friday. The game will still happen but about 200 bleacher seats can't be used.
The top five center rows of the bleachers need to be replaced along with the brackets that connect the support beams, Roth said. The district hasn't issued a final estimate of damages.
The community has also started raising funds to help get new equipment
Donations can be sent to the Union Bank and Trust, care of the Press Box Fund, PO Box 15, Evansville, Wis.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1