PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A teenage girl was hospitalized after being hit by a car while biking in Prairie du Chien Thursday morning, according to a release.
The Prairie du Chien Police Department was dispatched to a report of a vehicle versus bicycle crash near the intersection of South Marquette Road and Wells Street Thursday at 7:55 a.m., according to a release.
Officials said a 14-year-old girl was hit by a vehicle traveling south on Marquette Road while she was attempting to cross the street on her bike.
The girl was transported to Prairie du Chien Memorial Hospital and later airlifted to LaCrosse for additional treatment for her injuries, according to the release.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI