PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A teenage girl was hospitalized after being hit by a car while biking in Prairie du Chien Thursday morning, according to a release.
The Prairie du Chien Police Department was dispatched to a report of a vehicle versus bicycle crash near the intersection of South Marquette Road and Wells Street Thursday at 7:55 a.m., according to a release.
Officials said a 14-year-old girl was hit by a vehicle traveling south on Marquette Road while she was attempting to cross the street on her bike.
The girl was transported to Prairie du Chien Memorial Hospital and later airlifted to LaCrosse for additional treatment for her injuries, according to the release.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls