PORTAGE, Wis. - A Poynette man faces fines and prison time for allegedly filming sexually explicit conduct with a 5-year-old girl, according to a Columbia County criminal complaint.
Jay M. Skare, 55, of Poynette, faces one felony count of sexual exploitation of a child, according to the complaint.
Skare allegedly filmed a sexually explicit encounter with a 5-year-old girl on Jan. 20, according to the complaint. In the 20-minute video, Skare and the girl engaged in and talked about sexual touching.
He faces a $100,000 fine, 40 years in prison or both, according to the complaint. He could also be charged $500 for each image associated with the charge.
A judge set Skare's bond at $2,000 and ordered him to not have any contact with the victim or females younger than 18.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement