PORTAGE, Wis. - A Poynette man faces fines and prison time for allegedly filming sexually explicit conduct with a 5-year-old girl, according to a Columbia County criminal complaint.
Jay M. Skare, 55, of Poynette, faces one felony count of sexual exploitation of a child, according to the complaint.
Skare allegedly filmed a sexually explicit encounter with a 5-year-old girl on Jan. 20, according to the complaint. In the 20-minute video, Skare and the girl engaged in and talked about sexual touching.
He faces a $100,000 fine, 40 years in prison or both, according to the complaint. He could also be charged $500 for each image associated with the charge.
A judge set Skare's bond at $2,000 and ordered him to not have any contact with the victim or females younger than 18.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say