TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A crash scene was discovered by utility crews investigating a power outage in the town of Spring Grove Tuesday, prompting a search for the crash victim, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
A crew from Alliant Energy discovered the crash in the W400 block of Rock Hill Road at 1:55 a.m.
Deputies said John R. Alderman, 57, of rural Brodhead, was traveling west on Rock Hill Road when the right side tires left the road. Alderman overcorrected and the vehicle slid to the other side of the road and crashed into a utility pole.
Alderman was later found at his home, and was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Alderman was cited on suspicion of failure to maintain control of a vehicle and failure to notify police of an accident.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes