TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A crash scene was discovered by utility crews investigating a power outage in the town of Spring Grove Tuesday, prompting a search for the crash victim, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
A crew from Alliant Energy discovered the crash in the W400 block of Rock Hill Road at 1:55 a.m.
Deputies said John R. Alderman, 57, of rural Brodhead, was traveling west on Rock Hill Road when the right side tires left the road. Alderman overcorrected and the vehicle slid to the other side of the road and crashed into a utility pole.
Alderman was later found at his home, and was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Alderman was cited on suspicion of failure to maintain control of a vehicle and failure to notify police of an accident.
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts