MADISON, Wis. - What appeared to be an unlit Molotov cocktail was found near Lowell Elementary School in Madison Thursday, according to police.
Police were called to the school at 401 Maple Ave. at 10:23 a.m. after a broken bottle was found on the playground. Police said the inside of the bottle smelled like combustibles and there was a sock in the top of the bottle. It's believed the bottle ended up on the playground overnight.
Police said there were no signs of fire or an explosion. There have also been no threats to students or school staff.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land