MADISON, Wis. - What appeared to be an unlit Molotov cocktail was found near Lowell Elementary School in Madison Thursday, according to police.
Police were called to the school at 401 Maple Ave. at 10:23 a.m. after a broken bottle was found on the playground. Police said the inside of the bottle smelled like combustibles and there was a sock in the top of the bottle. It's believed the bottle ended up on the playground overnight.
Police said there were no signs of fire or an explosion. There have also been no threats to students or school staff.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000