ANTIGO, Wis. - The Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association has revoked its contract with its spokeswoman Suzy Favor Hamilton.
In its newsletter "Tater Talk," officials said they were in contact with the three-time Olympian Friday who confirmed the news was true that she worked as an escort and she agreed to the contract revocation.
The board cited the moral turpitude clause in the contract, saying the situation would reflect unfavorably on the Antigo-based organization.
The Smoking Gun reported Thursday the 44-year-old who lives in Madison had been working for the last year for a Las Vegas escort service. Hamilton also released a series of tweets, saying the reasons for doing it were related to depression.
The potato grower's newsletter says it wishes "her well in finding stability in her future."
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say