ANTIGO, Wis. - The Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association has revoked its contract with its spokeswoman Suzy Favor Hamilton.
In its newsletter "Tater Talk," officials said they were in contact with the three-time Olympian Friday who confirmed the news was true that she worked as an escort and she agreed to the contract revocation.
The board cited the moral turpitude clause in the contract, saying the situation would reflect unfavorably on the Antigo-based organization.
The Smoking Gun reported Thursday the 44-year-old who lives in Madison had been working for the last year for a Las Vegas escort service. Hamilton also released a series of tweets, saying the reasons for doing it were related to depression.
The potato grower's newsletter says it wishes "her well in finding stability in her future."
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need