ANTIGO, Wis. - The Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association has revoked its contract with its spokeswoman Suzy Favor Hamilton.
In its newsletter "Tater Talk," officials said they were in contact with the three-time Olympian Friday who confirmed the news was true that she worked as an escort and she agreed to the contract revocation.
The board cited the moral turpitude clause in the contract, saying the situation would reflect unfavorably on the Antigo-based organization.
The Smoking Gun reported Thursday the 44-year-old who lives in Madison had been working for the last year for a Las Vegas escort service. Hamilton also released a series of tweets, saying the reasons for doing it were related to depression.
The potato grower's newsletter says it wishes "her well in finding stability in her future."
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison