MADISON, Wis. - Whitney Way will be closed in both directions Sunday for construction work on a railroad crossing, according to a release.
Wisconsin & Southern Railroad will close both directions of traffic on Whitney Way between Old Middleton Road and University Row to replace the existing railroad barrier gates, officials said.
The closure will start at 7 a.m., and is expected to go until 5 p.m., according to the release.
Metro Transit will detour Route 8 to use University Avenue and Segoe Road, officials said.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash