MADISON, Wis. - Whitney Way will be closed in both directions Sunday for construction work on a railroad crossing, according to a release.
Wisconsin & Southern Railroad will close both directions of traffic on Whitney Way between Old Middleton Road and University Row to replace the existing railroad barrier gates, officials said.
The closure will start at 7 a.m., and is expected to go until 5 p.m., according to the release.
Metro Transit will detour Route 8 to use University Avenue and Segoe Road, officials said.
- Mayor: Political activist, lawyer Ed Garvey has died
- Bipartisan support for state bill helping terminally ill
- 19-year-old attacked, robbed walking on west Madison block
- Talking about mental health: A guide for parents
- Police seek public's help in theft investigation
- Lawsuit accuses Milwaukee police officers of illegal stop-and-frisks