MADISON, Wis. - Whitney Way will be closed in both directions Sunday for construction work on a railroad crossing, according to a release.
Wisconsin & Southern Railroad will close both directions of traffic on Whitney Way between Old Middleton Road and University Row to replace the existing railroad barrier gates, officials said.
The closure will start at 7 a.m., and is expected to go until 5 p.m., according to the release.
Metro Transit will detour Route 8 to use University Avenue and Segoe Road, officials said.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls