MADISON, Wis. - Commuters can expect delays during peak hours due to maintenance on a major highway in Madison.
Starting Monday until September, lanes will be narrowed on part of the Beltline Highway between Monona Drive and South Towne Drive. State transportation officials said crews will repair expansion joints on bridges spanning the Yahara River.
Three lanes of traffic in each direction will remain open from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. They will be closed overnight.
Several ramps on the highway will also be closed during the construction. Officials said commuters should use Broadway as alternate route.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart