MADISON, Wis. - Commuters can expect delays during peak hours due to maintenance on a major highway in Madison.
Starting Monday until September, lanes will be narrowed on part of the Beltline Highway between Monona Drive and South Towne Drive. State transportation officials said crews will repair expansion joints on bridges spanning the Yahara River.
Three lanes of traffic in each direction will remain open from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. They will be closed overnight.
Several ramps on the highway will also be closed during the construction. Officials said commuters should use Broadway as alternate route.
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit