MADISON, Wis. - Commuters can expect delays during peak hours due to maintenance on a major highway in Madison.
Starting Monday until September, lanes will be narrowed on part of the Beltline Highway between Monona Drive and South Towne Drive. State transportation officials said crews will repair expansion joints on bridges spanning the Yahara River.
Three lanes of traffic in each direction will remain open from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. They will be closed overnight.
Several ramps on the highway will also be closed during the construction. Officials said commuters should use Broadway as alternate route.
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road