MADISON, Wis. - Commuters can expect delays during peak hours due to maintenance on a major highway in Madison.
Starting Monday until September, lanes will be narrowed on part of the Beltline Highway between Monona Drive and South Towne Drive. State transportation officials said crews will repair expansion joints on bridges spanning the Yahara River.
Three lanes of traffic in each direction will remain open from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. They will be closed overnight.
Several ramps on the highway will also be closed during the construction. Officials said commuters should use Broadway as alternate route.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral