DELTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A man pulled over by a deputy for an equipment violation was arrested on suspicion of fifth-offense OWI Sunday, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
The deputy said the odor of intoxicants was coming from the vehicle driven by John D. Angell, 48, of Portage after he was pulled over at about 3 p.m. in Delton Township.
Angell failed field sobriety tests, according to the deputy.
Angell was also cited on suspicion of an equipment violation.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say