STEVENS POINT, Wis. - Portage County prosecutors said a Portage County man accused of strangling his neighbor last month sexually assaulted her dead body before setting the corpse on fire.
A Stevens Point Journal Media report said 33-year-old Jose Luis Flores Aca, of Plover, acknowledged killing the woman and assaulting her body.
Flores Aca was charged Tuesday with three felonies, including first-degree intentional homicide.
A WSAW-TV report said 36-year-old Jamie Koch died last month of strangulation.
The criminal complaint said Flores Aca told investigators he was in the hallway of his apartment when Koch opened her door and invited him to talk. He said she grabbed his arm, and then he punched and strangled her.
He also told detectives he drove her body to Waupaca County, parked and set the car on fire.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet