STEVENS POINT, Wis. - Portage County prosecutors said a Portage County man accused of strangling his neighbor last month sexually assaulted her dead body before setting the corpse on fire.
A Stevens Point Journal Media report said 33-year-old Jose Luis Flores Aca, of Plover, acknowledged killing the woman and assaulting her body.
Flores Aca was charged Tuesday with three felonies, including first-degree intentional homicide.
A WSAW-TV report said 36-year-old Jamie Koch died last month of strangulation.
The criminal complaint said Flores Aca told investigators he was in the hallway of his apartment when Koch opened her door and invited him to talk. He said she grabbed his arm, and then he punched and strangled her.
He also told detectives he drove her body to Waupaca County, parked and set the car on fire.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial