MILWAUKEE - Forget the thermometer. Public swimming pools open in Milwaukee County this weekend.
Lifeguards in swimming suits and jackets skimmed the pool and fastened down the lifeguard stands at the David Schultz Aquatic Center in Lincoln Park.
Lifeguard Katie Albrecht says that despite weekend temperatures hovering around 60, the children will always come.
There's a silver lining at the Lincoln Park pool. It's heated. Once you're in the water, it's fine.
County parks aquatics supervisor Brian Temke tells WISN-TV that it's much like a hot tub in the winter. You get in and you're all set. You just don't want to get out
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land