MILWAUKEE - Forget the thermometer. Public swimming pools open in Milwaukee County this weekend.
Lifeguards in swimming suits and jackets skimmed the pool and fastened down the lifeguard stands at the David Schultz Aquatic Center in Lincoln Park.
Lifeguard Katie Albrecht says that despite weekend temperatures hovering around 60, the children will always come.
There's a silver lining at the Lincoln Park pool. It's heated. Once you're in the water, it's fine.
County parks aquatics supervisor Brian Temke tells WISN-TV that it's much like a hot tub in the winter. You get in and you're all set. You just don't want to get out
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart