MILWAUKEE - Forget the thermometer. Public swimming pools open in Milwaukee County this weekend.
Lifeguards in swimming suits and jackets skimmed the pool and fastened down the lifeguard stands at the David Schultz Aquatic Center in Lincoln Park.
Lifeguard Katie Albrecht says that despite weekend temperatures hovering around 60, the children will always come.
There's a silver lining at the Lincoln Park pool. It's heated. Once you're in the water, it's fine.
County parks aquatics supervisor Brian Temke tells WISN-TV that it's much like a hot tub in the winter. You get in and you're all set. You just don't want to get out
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need