MILWAUKEE - Forget the thermometer. Public swimming pools open in Milwaukee County this weekend.
Lifeguards in swimming suits and jackets skimmed the pool and fastened down the lifeguard stands at the David Schultz Aquatic Center in Lincoln Park.
Lifeguard Katie Albrecht says that despite weekend temperatures hovering around 60, the children will always come.
There's a silver lining at the Lincoln Park pool. It's heated. Once you're in the water, it's fine.
County parks aquatics supervisor Brian Temke tells WISN-TV that it's much like a hot tub in the winter. You get in and you're all set. You just don't want to get out
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash