EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - When the Fairfax Park Pool in Eau Claire closes for the season, the next day is set aside as a special treat for local dogs.
An Eau Claire Leader-Telegram report says there were 190 dogs Sunday at the park's 9th annual dog swim.
Ronda and Dominic Ryder of Eau Claire brought their yellow Labrador retriever, Abby. They say she loves the water and she needs the exercise.
Owners pay $10 and have to provide proof their pets have been vaccinated for rabies. When the dog-only event is over the pool is drained for the season.
Dave Bohlinger brought his two dogs, Sage and Clover. He says the swim is perfect for them because most of the dogs have been socialized and they enjoy being around other dogs.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns