EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - When the Fairfax Park Pool in Eau Claire closes for the season, the next day is set aside as a special treat for local dogs.
An Eau Claire Leader-Telegram report says there were 190 dogs Sunday at the park's 9th annual dog swim.
Ronda and Dominic Ryder of Eau Claire brought their yellow Labrador retriever, Abby. They say she loves the water and she needs the exercise.
Owners pay $10 and have to provide proof their pets have been vaccinated for rabies. When the dog-only event is over the pool is drained for the season.
Dave Bohlinger brought his two dogs, Sage and Clover. He says the swim is perfect for them because most of the dogs have been socialized and they enjoy being around other dogs.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in