MILTON, Wis. - Milton police are looking for a would-be robber that was scared away when the homeowner returned to the residence Tuesday.
Police responded to a report of a burglary in progress around 3:45 p.m. in the 300 block of College Street, according to a release.
The homeowner told police they saw an unknown man exit the back door of their residence as they arrived home.
Officials said the homeowner attempted to detain the man but he fled north on Rogers Street and west on East Madison Avenue on bike.
Nothing was reported missing in the home, according to the release.
Police believe the man noticed the homeowner and fled the house to avoid being seen or caught.
The would-be robber is described as a white male, high school age, 5 feet 9 inches tall with an average to thin build. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black shirt and a black hat. He fled the area on a BMX-type bike that may have been dark blue in color.
Officials ask anyone who can help in identifying the man to call the Milton Police Department at 608-757-2244 or Janesville Area Crime Stoppers at 608-756-3636.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime