MADISON, Wis. - A worker was killed Thursday morning after a large piece of equipment fell on him on Madison's West Side, authorities said.
The incident occurred in the 500 block of Rosa Road, near Mineral Point Road. Officers were dispatched at about 11:35 a.m.
The male victim was working near a hydraulic press that was being removed from a truck. Police said that an accident apparently occurred during that process and the man suffered "significant injuries."
Police said the man wasn't breathing when officers arrived and he was rushed to a local hospital.
"When officers arrived on scene, they located a 30 to 40 year old male subject who had been impacted by some machinery at that location. The specifics about how the accident occurred are somewhat unclear," said Howard Payne, public information officer at the Madison Police Department.
Police said that officials with the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety & Health Administration were notified and will investigate.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say