MADISON, Wis. - A worker was killed Thursday morning after a large piece of equipment fell on him on Madison's West Side, authorities said.
The incident occurred in the 500 block of Rosa Road, near Mineral Point Road. Officers were dispatched at about 11:35 a.m.
The male victim was working near a hydraulic press that was being removed from a truck. Police said that an accident apparently occurred during that process and the man suffered "significant injuries."
Police said the man wasn't breathing when officers arrived and he was rushed to a local hospital.
"When officers arrived on scene, they located a 30 to 40 year old male subject who had been impacted by some machinery at that location. The specifics about how the accident occurred are somewhat unclear," said Howard Payne, public information officer at the Madison Police Department.
Police said that officials with the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety & Health Administration were notified and will investigate.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs