MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested after a domestic incident in which she tried to fire a gun at her husband but it didn't fire, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 2100 block of Westbrook Lane at 7:19 a.m. Saturday for a report of a disturbance.
The victim told police he woke up that morning to find his wife, Essie M. Braxton, 46, aiming a revolver at him. He said she confronted him about text messages on his phone, smashed the phone and pulled the trigger on the gun.
The victim said he got the gun away from Braxton and removed all the bullets.
Police said Braxton attempted to leave and rammed the vehicle behind her SUV.
Braxton was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed and criminal damage to property.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes