MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was arrested after a domestic incident in which she tried to fire a gun at her husband but it didn't fire, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 2100 block of Westbrook Lane at 7:19 a.m. Saturday for a report of a disturbance.
The victim told police he woke up that morning to find his wife, Essie M. Braxton, 46, aiming a revolver at him. He said she confronted him about text messages on his phone, smashed the phone and pulled the trigger on the gun.
The victim said he got the gun away from Braxton and removed all the bullets.
Police said Braxton attempted to leave and rammed the vehicle behind her SUV.
Braxton was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed and criminal damage to property.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two