MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman thwarted a strong-armed robbery by taking a boxer's stance against two men who tried to take her purse, according to a release from Madison police.
The 40-year-old woman told police she was walking in the 1000 block of Williamson Street early Sunday morning when two men approached. One of the men grabbed her purse, but was unable to take it when she took the defensive posture, police said.
Words were exchanged before the men fled, according to police.
One of the men is described as white, in his early 20s, 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds, with light brown or blonde shaggy hair. He was wearing a light gray hooded sweatshirt. The other man is described as black, in his 30s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 200 points and wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt.Madison crime map
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire