MADISON, Wis. - Madison police arrested a panhandler on University Avenue Sunday morning after he struck a woman in the face.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, an officer saw Christopher Blackmer, 32, screaming at two women and following them down the 600 block of University Avenue after 1 a.m. The two 19-year-old women said the panhandler had asked for 50 cents and began to threaten them with sexual assault after they ignored his request. One woman said Blackmer hit her.
The statement said Blackmer was arrested on charges of battery and disorderly conduct.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash