MADISON, Wis. - Madison police arrested a panhandler on University Avenue Sunday morning after he struck a woman in the face.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, an officer saw Christopher Blackmer, 32, screaming at two women and following them down the 600 block of University Avenue after 1 a.m. The two 19-year-old women said the panhandler had asked for 50 cents and began to threaten them with sexual assault after they ignored his request. One woman said Blackmer hit her.
The statement said Blackmer was arrested on charges of battery and disorderly conduct.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested