MADISON, Wis. - Madison police arrested a panhandler on University Avenue Sunday morning after he struck a woman in the face.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, an officer saw Christopher Blackmer, 32, screaming at two women and following them down the 600 block of University Avenue after 1 a.m. The two 19-year-old women said the panhandler had asked for 50 cents and began to threaten them with sexual assault after they ignored his request. One woman said Blackmer hit her.
The statement said Blackmer was arrested on charges of battery and disorderly conduct.
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake