MADISON, Wis. - A woman suffered non-life-threatening injuries after she was stabbed on Madison's south side Friday afternoon, officials said.
Madison police said officers responded to the 2000 block of Taft Street at 2:14 p.m. for a report of a stabbing.
A 20-year-old Madison woman had been stabbed, according to the report. The woman was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the weapon used in the stabbing was recovered.
The victim and the attacker knew each other and it was not a random act of violence, police said.
Police are still investigating, according to the report. The attacker was still at large Saturday morning, police said.Madison crime map
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say