MADISON, Wis. - A woman suffered non-life-threatening injuries after she was stabbed on Madison's south side Friday afternoon, officials said.
Madison police said officers responded to the 2000 block of Taft Street at 2:14 p.m. for a report of a stabbing.
A 20-year-old Madison woman had been stabbed, according to the report. The woman was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the weapon used in the stabbing was recovered.
The victim and the attacker knew each other and it was not a random act of violence, police said.
Police are still investigating, according to the report. The attacker was still at large Saturday morning, police said.Madison crime map
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan