MADISON, Wis. - A woman told police she thinks sexual assault was the motive behind an incident where she was attacked last week on Madison's east side.
The 34-year-old woman told police she was walking on Dempsey Road just before 11 p.m. Aug. 6 when a man hit her in the back of the head, according to a release.
She said she was knocked to the ground and there was a struggle, police said. She said she was able to fight the man off, but not before he choked her and cut her with a shiny metal object.
The woman suffered cuts and bruises, according to the release. She was not robbed.Madison crime map
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say