MADISON, Wis. - A woman told police she thinks sexual assault was the motive behind an incident where she was attacked last week on Madison's east side.
The 34-year-old woman told police she was walking on Dempsey Road just before 11 p.m. Aug. 6 when a man hit her in the back of the head, according to a release.
She said she was knocked to the ground and there was a struggle, police said. She said she was able to fight the man off, but not before he choked her and cut her with a shiny metal object.
The woman suffered cuts and bruises, according to the release. She was not robbed.Madison crime map
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name
- High river level delays Rock Aqua Jays' opening performance
- Med Flight responds to one-vehicle crash in Fitchburg
- Custodian at Madison school resigns after allegedly punching parent
- Fish kill hits Traxler Park Lagoon in Janesville
- German delegation studies Madison College cyber security program