MADISON, Wis. - A woman who got hit by a truck while she tried to make a U-turn was arrested Monday around 5:30 p.m. for sixth offense operating while intoxicated, officials said.
Madison police said Heather C. Villarreal, 30, tried to make a U-turn in front of a pickup truck at the intersection of North Sherman Avenue and Browning Road on Madison's north side.
Villarreal drove off after being hit by the pickup truck, according to the release.
Police said when Villarreal pulled over she claimed she was going around the block and planned on returning.
Villarreal smelled of intoxicants and was arrested on OWI charges, according to the release. She was also issued other traffic citations and cited for marijuana possession.
The driver of the pickup told police he had just purchased the truck, officials said. He also had small children in the truck in car seats but no one was injured.Madison crime map
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says