MADISON, Wis. - A woman who got hit by a truck while she tried to make a U-turn was arrested Monday around 5:30 p.m. for sixth offense operating while intoxicated, officials said.
Madison police said Heather C. Villarreal, 30, tried to make a U-turn in front of a pickup truck at the intersection of North Sherman Avenue and Browning Road on Madison's north side.
Villarreal drove off after being hit by the pickup truck, according to the release.
Police said when Villarreal pulled over she claimed she was going around the block and planned on returning.
Villarreal smelled of intoxicants and was arrested on OWI charges, according to the release. She was also issued other traffic citations and cited for marijuana possession.
The driver of the pickup told police he had just purchased the truck, officials said. He also had small children in the truck in car seats but no one was injured.Madison crime map
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say