MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman fought with officers as police tried to break up a disturbance on Russett Road early Saturday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
Police patrolling in the area when they found a disturbance underway in the 5800 block of Russett Road at 1:05 a.m. Officers said a crowd of people encircled them as they struggled to arrest 22-year-old Tiara M. Weston. Police said she had been drinking and got into a loud argument with others.
Officers said they used pepper spray to keep themselves safe.
Weston was arrested on suspicion of resisting an officer.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry