MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman fought with officers as police tried to break up a disturbance on Russett Road early Saturday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
Police patrolling in the area when they found a disturbance underway in the 5800 block of Russett Road at 1:05 a.m. Officers said a crowd of people encircled them as they struggled to arrest 22-year-old Tiara M. Weston. Police said she had been drinking and got into a loud argument with others.
Officers said they used pepper spray to keep themselves safe.
Weston was arrested on suspicion of resisting an officer.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say