MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman fought with officers as police tried to break up a disturbance on Russett Road early Saturday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
Police patrolling in the area when they found a disturbance underway in the 5800 block of Russett Road at 1:05 a.m. Officers said a crowd of people encircled them as they struggled to arrest 22-year-old Tiara M. Weston. Police said she had been drinking and got into a loud argument with others.
Officers said they used pepper spray to keep themselves safe.
Weston was arrested on suspicion of resisting an officer.
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years
- UW program helps local cheesemaker make Best of Show cheese
- Fires at 2 separate houses cause combined $330K in damage, officials say
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants