MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman fought with officers as police tried to break up a disturbance on Russett Road early Saturday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
Police patrolling in the area when they found a disturbance underway in the 5800 block of Russett Road at 1:05 a.m. Officers said a crowd of people encircled them as they struggled to arrest 22-year-old Tiara M. Weston. Police said she had been drinking and got into a loud argument with others.
Officers said they used pepper spray to keep themselves safe.
Weston was arrested on suspicion of resisting an officer.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall