TOWN OF DELAVAN, Wis. - A Thanksgiving argument in the town of Delavan led to a woman being arrested and her boyfriend needing medical attention, the town's police said in a news release.
Police were called to a home on Dusk Drive at 3:12 a.m. Thursday regarding a man bleeding from his arm. When officers arrived, they learned that the man's girlfriend, Diana Ugarte, had allegedly cut his arm with a knife, the release said.
Ugarte was taken to the Walworth County Jail and charged with first-degree reckless injury, police said.
The man was taken to Lakeland Hospital in Elkhorn and later transferred to Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, police said.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement