MADISON, Wis. - A witness tackled a man he saw smash windshields of parked vehicles Friday afternoon, officials said.
The witness saw the man use rocks to damage seven vehicles that were parked in a lot in the 400 block of Science Drive around 11:40 a.m., according to a release.
The witness held the 35-year-old down until police arrived.
Officials said the man was not physically injured but was in need of medical care and was taken to a hospital.Madison crime map
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer