MADISON, Wis. - A witness tackled a man he saw smash windshields of parked vehicles Friday afternoon, officials said.
The witness saw the man use rocks to damage seven vehicles that were parked in a lot in the 400 block of Science Drive around 11:40 a.m., according to a release.
The witness held the 35-year-old down until police arrived.
Officials said the man was not physically injured but was in need of medical care and was taken to a hospital.Madison crime map
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral