MADISON, Wis. - A witness tackled a man he saw smash windshields of parked vehicles Friday afternoon, officials said.
The witness saw the man use rocks to damage seven vehicles that were parked in a lot in the 400 block of Science Drive around 11:40 a.m., according to a release.
The witness held the 35-year-old down until police arrived.
Officials said the man was not physically injured but was in need of medical care and was taken to a hospital.Madison crime map
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'