MADISON, Wis. - A witness tackled a man he saw smash windshields of parked vehicles Friday afternoon, officials said.
The witness saw the man use rocks to damage seven vehicles that were parked in a lot in the 400 block of Science Drive around 11:40 a.m., according to a release.
The witness held the 35-year-old down until police arrived.
Officials said the man was not physically injured but was in need of medical care and was taken to a hospital.Madison crime map
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter