MADISON, Wis. - Tanner McEvoy, the Wisconsin Badgers quarterback, was attacked early Sunday morning near the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and East Dayton Street, according to a statement from UW Athletics and a report from Madison police.
According to the police report, McEvoy, 20, needed to be treated for two head cuts after a "strong armed robbery" around 1:45 a.m. on Sunday.
According to the report, McEvoy told police his wallet, watch and iPhone were stolen. Witnesses said they saw McEvoy talking with two black men in their late teens wearing gray or white shirts along with women.
According to the statement from UW, police believe it was a random occurrence. McEvoy resumed team activities on Monday.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case