MADISON, Wis. - Tanner McEvoy, the Wisconsin Badgers quarterback, was attacked early Sunday morning near the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and East Dayton Street, according to a statement from UW Athletics and a report from Madison police.
According to the police report, McEvoy, 20, needed to be treated for two head cuts after a "strong armed robbery" around 1:45 a.m. on Sunday.
According to the report, McEvoy told police his wallet, watch and iPhone were stolen. Witnesses said they saw McEvoy talking with two black men in their late teens wearing gray or white shirts along with women.
According to the statement from UW, police believe it was a random occurrence. McEvoy resumed team activities on Monday.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin