MADISON, Wis. - Tanner McEvoy, the Wisconsin Badgers quarterback, was attacked early Sunday morning near the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and East Dayton Street, according to a statement from UW Athletics and a report from Madison police.
According to the police report, McEvoy, 20, needed to be treated for two head cuts after a "strong armed robbery" around 1:45 a.m. on Sunday.
According to the report, McEvoy told police his wallet, watch and iPhone were stolen. Witnesses said they saw McEvoy talking with two black men in their late teens wearing gray or white shirts along with women.
According to the statement from UW, police believe it was a random occurrence. McEvoy resumed team activities on Monday.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement