WAUKESHA, Wis. - A woman is accused of practicing dentistry without a license in the living room of her Waukesha home.
Police said the 35-year-old woman was operating an illegal dental office and fitting children and adults with orthodontic braces at a cut-rate price. A search warrant said she charged about $1,000. She told WISN-TV she was just trying to help people.
Orthodontist Dr. Michael Bubon, of Waukesha, treated some of the people that used the woman's services.
Bubon said those patients suffered problems with bleeding gums, tooth pain and bone loss. He said some of the problems are irreversible.
The woman has not been formally charged.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire