MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said several similar car break-ins were reported on Madison's south side over the weekend.
Officials said in all cases of the reported car break-ins windows were broken and visible property was stolen.
A laptop computer was reported stolen from a 22-year-old man's care that was parked in the 1100 block of Bowen Court Sunday around 4:40 a.m., according to the release.
Officials said around the same time, a 23-year-old man reported his backpack containing school binders was stolen out of his parked car in the 400 block of South Mills Street.
A third theft was reported by a 22-year-old man who had his backpack stolen after his car's windows were shattered Friday morning on Bowen Court, according to the release.
Officials recommend citizens not to leave their property in plain view when parking their vehicles because that can make them targets of thieves.Madison crime map
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry