MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a resident reported receiving a scam call from a man claiming to be with Mega Millions Wednesday.
The caller told the woman his name was Tom Young and that she had won $250,000 and a new 2014 Mercedes Benz, according to a release.
He told the woman in order to receive her prizes she would need to pay IRS services taxes and a $325 registration fee, officials said. When the woman told the caller she needed to talk with her lawyer and the police he abruptly hung up.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam