MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a resident reported receiving a scam call from a man claiming to be with Mega Millions Wednesday.
The caller told the woman his name was Tom Young and that she had won $250,000 and a new 2014 Mercedes Benz, according to a release.
He told the woman in order to receive her prizes she would need to pay IRS services taxes and a $325 registration fee, officials said. When the woman told the caller she needed to talk with her lawyer and the police he abruptly hung up.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1