PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A Prairie du Chien business closed Thursday after a vehicle was driven into the building at 115 South Marquette Road around 11:45 a.m., according to a release.
Officials said the 2011 Chevy Impala was being driven by Joyce A. Luster, 73, of Prairie du Chien, when she stepped on the gas pedal instead of the brake as she entered the parking lot of Mediacom.
The building received structural damage, according to the release. The vehicle was damaged but still operable.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls