MADISON, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin-Madison student suffered significant injuries after being hit by a car while driving a moped Tuesday, officials said.
The student was westbound on West Dayton Street at Park Street when the motorist hit the moped around 6:13 p.m., according to a release. The driver of the vehicle said he did not see the moped as he was trying to turn north on to Park Street from Dayton Street.
Officials said the moped driver suffered significant but non-life-threatening injuries and is hospitalized. He was not wearing a helmet.
The accident is still under investigation.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns