MADISON, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin-Madison student suffered significant injuries after being hit by a car while driving a moped Tuesday, officials said.
The student was westbound on West Dayton Street at Park Street when the motorist hit the moped around 6:13 p.m., according to a release. The driver of the vehicle said he did not see the moped as he was trying to turn north on to Park Street from Dayton Street.
Officials said the moped driver suffered significant but non-life-threatening injuries and is hospitalized. He was not wearing a helmet.
The accident is still under investigation.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire